Development Associate – Part Time
Founded in 1949, United Cerebral Palsy (UCP) is a non-profit agency committed to advancing the independence and productivity of people with disabilities. We believe in Life without Limits for People with Disabilities.
United Cerebral Palsy of Greater Cincinnati is seeking an experienced Part Time Development Associate who is directly responsible for maintenance and support of the Raiser’s Edge database, including data and gift entry, donor acknowledgements, giving reports/analyses, and donor recognition. The Development Associate also assists with fundraising activities including the annual campaign, special events, newsletter annual reports and other marketing materials.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist with daily operations of the Development Office.
• Track and report on all donations/donor giving activity, including gift entry and donor acknowledgements.
• Process and maintain records on all donors, volunteers, and other constituents, maintaining donor history and contact information.
• Create reports for gift/campaign analyses, donor recognition and publication in newsletters and annual reports.
• Balance Raiser Edge records with accounting department records.
• Design and implement Raiser’s Edge training to cross train staff.
• Write and update documentation for data entry and reporting procedures.
• Serve as main contact with Blackbaud and principal liaison with users in reviewing needs and recommending solutions for database enhancements.
• Files correspondence and other records.
• Oversees department mailings.
• Assist with special events coordination and preparation of other agency events.
• Assists in the production of the agency's collateral materials including the employee newsletter, donor/volunteer newsletter, annual report and agency brochures.
• Assist with the annual essay contest.
• Organize and manage special development projects as needed.
• Directs the activities of volunteers on mailings, special events, and other fundraising projects.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• Experience: Minimum three years experience working in a development office.
• Knowledge and Skills:
o Proficiency with Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, Publisher, and fundraising software preferably Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge.
o Excellent written, verbal communication and editing skills.
o Knowledge of bulk mail regulations of the US Postal Service
Other Position Requirements
• Requires valid driver’s license and ability to meet UCP vehicle insurance requirements.
• Successful completion of UCP criminal background checks and drug tests.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell.
• The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Hours of Work
• Generally 20 hours a week, Monday through Friday. However, at times it may be necessary to work weekend hours and/or stay longer during weekdays due to special events or business needs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• Normal office environment. The position may require extended viewing of computer screens. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
United Cerebral Palsy of Greater Cincinnati is an Equal Opportunity Employer
United Cerebral Palsy offers a rewarding environment serving
Children, youth, and adults with physical disabilities.
Did you know that more than 50% of those served
By UCP have a disability other than cerebral palsy?
Send resume and cover letter with salary requirements to Human Resources, United Cerebral Palsy of Greater Cincinnati, 3601 Victory Parkway, Cincinnati, OH 45229 or email@example.com